About Ken Koskela
Ken Koskela is a Chicago-based travel photographer who captures subjects in excellent light, whether a dead tree forest in Namibia or a villager in rural China. Although Ken shoots a variety of subjects, he is especially known for his environmental portraits of everyday people, his ethereal landscape images and "human element" pictures that combine people and nature. He loves photographing in Asia and has garnered recognition for his portrait work in Indonesia and China.
Ken combines his love of photography with over 20 years of travel experience to more than 75 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and South America. His images appear in books, magazines, travel guides and calendars from around the world. Beyond photography, Ken holds a dual-major MBA in international business and finance and has two decades of experience strengthening financial inclusion in developing countries.
Ken's Gear List
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 L
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L II
- Rokinon 24mm f/1.4
- 580EX II flashes and PocketWizard Plus III triggers
- Gitzo GT3542LS tripod with RRS BH-55 ballhead
- Gitzo GT1542T tripod with Markins Q3T ballhead
- Wonderpana FreeArc XL setup for the 11-24
- Photoshop, Lightroom and Nik Complete Collection