About Ken Koskela
Ken Koskela is a Chicago-based travel photographer who captures subjects in excellent light, whether a dead tree forest in Namibia or a villager in rural China. Although Ken shoots a variety of subjects, he is especially known for his environmental portraits of everyday people, his ethereal landscape images and "human element" pictures that combine people and nature. He loves photographing in Asia and has garnered recognition for his portrait work in Indonesia and China.
Ken combines his love of photography with over 20 years of travel experience to more than 75 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and South America. His images appear in books, magazines, travel guides and calendars from around the world. Beyond photography, Ken holds a dual-major MBA in international business and finance and has two decades of experience strengthening financial inclusion in developing countries.
Ken's Gear List
- Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L II
- 580EX II flashes with ST-E2 trigger and PocketWizards
- Softboxes, umbrellas
- F-Stop Tilopa Bag
- Gitzo GT3542LS tripod with RRS BH-55 ballhead
- Gitzo1542T tripod with Markins Q3T ballhead
- Assortment of Singh-Ray GND and ND filters, Lee Big Stopper, polarizer filters, Lee filter holder
- Mac computers, Photoshop, Lightroom and Nik Complete Collection