About Ken Koskela
Ken developed an interest in photography after receiving his first 35mm film camera (a Minolta SRT 201) as a gift in 1984. After honing his photography skills during his college years, Ken turned his creative energies to recording and playing live music in the Chicago area. Years later, he re-engaged with photography and has been completely hooked ever since. Ken has since photographed on five continents. His images appear in books, magazines, travel guides and calendars from around the world.
Ken combines his photography skills with 20 years of travel experience to more than 75 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and South America. He loves seeking out and capturing images of unique subjects in excellent light, whether a dead tree forest in the Namibian desert or a cormorant fisherman in Guilin, China.
Ken holds a dual-major MBA in international business and finance. He lives in the Chicago area with his wife and children.
About Ken’s Photography Equipment
My photo equipment choices are based upon research, asking a lot of questions and taking a lot of pictures. And, of course, making several wrong purchases. Here is the list of equipment I'm currently using:
- Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon EF 14 mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon EF 28-105 mm L-series
- Canon EF 85 mm f/1.2 L II USM
- Canon EF 50 mm f/1.2 L USM
- Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon 50mm macro
- 580EX II flashes with ST-E2 trigger
- Canon MT-24 ring flash
- Gitzo GT3542LS tripod with RRS BH-55 ballhead
- Gitzo1542T tripod with Markins Q3T ballhead
- Assortment of Singh-Ray GND and ND filters, Lee Big Stopper, polarizer filters
- Mac computers, Photoshop, Lightroom and Nik Complete Collection
- Studio Lighting (Calumet Travellites)